I found the post I thought I had lost. It was saved in Drafts. Maybe Word Press isn’t as fucked up as I thought.
Proust put out a questionnaire that is supposed to reveal how you think, but it seems more like a like/dislike list. Whatever, here it goes!
1) What is your most marked characteristic?
My big boobs.
2) What is the quality you most like in a man?
Gentleness in his strength
3) What is the quality you most like in a woman?
The absence of cattiness
4) What do you most value in your friends?
The ability to stick around. Haven’t found that yet! LOL
5) What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Damn, I could write a book on this one. I guess, only choosing ONE, I would have to say my lack of confidence. That covers a lot.
6) What is your favorite occupation?
What a weird question. I wonder if it is the favorite of the occupations I have held, or my favorite in general. I guess I will answer the question as it is literally asked. My favorite occupation. Period. I think I am going to say liquor store owner. They provide a valuable service.
7) What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I barely know what regular happiness is, much less have an idea of what “perfect happiness” would be. Happiness for me would be being able to get through each day without a roller coaster of emotions that I can’t seem to control. Let’s just have a nice, uneventful day. That sounds like perfect happiness to me.
8) What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being me? LOL – Ok, I would probably experience the lowest depth of misery if I did not have Jay in my life. Having him, and then being without him would probably be my most miserable time.
9) In which country would you like to live?
Right now Jay and I are considering Australia. America is going straight to hell, but I think Australia still has some redeeming qualities.
10) Who are your favorite writers?
I enjoy George Orwell and some Daphne DuMaurier. Overall, though, I don’t really have favorite writers. It’s more like favorite genres than specific authors.
11) Who are your favorite poets?
I have not read much poetry. I found the Canterbury Tales to be entertaining when I read them in high school. I don’t think I minded too much reading Shakespeare’s sonnets. My husband has written me a poem or two. Does that count?
12) Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
I would have to go with Petruchio from Taming of the Shrew.
13) Who is your favorite heroine of fiction?
Katherine from Taming of the Shrew. Read it, people! It will be worth your time. If you are not a reader, I would recommend watching the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton version of the movie.
14) Who are your favorite composers?
Alecia Moore (also known as P!nk) – I really like that she writes most of her own songs. I don’t have energy to think of any others. That’s a hard question since most composers aren’t well known (I think…)
15) Who are your favorite painters?
I was discouraged from buying ANYTHING with this person’s work on it when I was growing up (because my fucking parents are so closed minded that nothing that is different from what they know or agree with could ever be allowed!), but I really dig Keith Haring.
16) What are your favorite names?
I’ve always liked the name Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
17) What is it that you most dislike?
That changes from minute to minute. Right now I’m really not liking overbearing, pushy, out spoken people. Give me 5 minutes (try seconds!) and the thing I most dislike will be something totally different.
18) Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to be able to fly. No, wait…That’s a super power. Ok, a talent. I would like to be comfortable in any situation. Is that a talent? It would be for me!
19) How would you like to die?
In my sleep, painlessly.
20) What is your current state of mind?
Slightly on edge. Alert and aware.
21) What is your motto?
Me against the world!